Supply Chain Manager – Business Process Analyst
Category: Supply Chain
Job ID: R-48246
Location: US – Puerto Rico – Juncos
Posted Date: December 5, 2017
The Supply Chain Manager report directly to the Senior Manager Supply Chain within the AML Supply Chain Strategy and Analytics Organization. Individual will draw insights from a range of sources of information to improve the “Plan-to-Stock” (PTS) SAP processes. Candidate should have a combination of intermediate Supply Chain expertise, IS/IT and quantitative analysis skills. Convert data to insights to improve supply chain decisions. Key to success will be an ability to work cross functionally within Amgen (site and network) and externally with critical business partners for intelligence gathering, reporting requirements, real time data analysis and development of performance mechanisms.
SPECIFIC RESPOSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Using a creative approach, use and explore available and new analytic platforms and reporting tools to uncover relations and patterns in data, that can be leveraged to improve a business outcome
- Data discovery and visualization. Develop data-science-oriented business scenarios
- Data gathering and quantitative and qualitative data analytics, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Ensure KPI metrics are developed and deployed as standards into the business (perform reporting where applicable)
- Act as an intermediary between IS and business to align capabilities, process and information. Drive, influence and align system changes needed to improve PTS operations.
- Communicate and translate required business process capabilities and outcomes effectively between the supply chain business process areas and supporting systems
- Design and deploy analytics derived solutions to gain insights, drive efficiency, resolve challenges and help predict future business scenarios
- Apply Operational Excellence tools and techniques to improve process performance
BASIC EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree and 2 years of supply chain experience in GMP regulated environment
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of supply chain experience in GMP regulated environment
- Educational background in Industrial or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration.
- Experience in Planning & Procurement
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or manufacturing processes (including planning, inventory management, procurement, forecasting and replenishment process)
- Experience with information systems supporting Plan-to-Stock (including ERP-SAP, Kinaxis Rapid-Response, PLM, and other data platforms)
- Experience with data diagnostics, discovery, modeling and visualization (e.g. SAS, SAP HANA Live, Every Angle, Fusion Ops, Elementum, GT Nexus, Minitab, Tableau, Spotfire, Excel)
- Expertise in SAP PTS modules and reports, SAP fields and tables, Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.) and reporting
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Knowledge and experience in business process modeling and analysis tools
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, including great presentations
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for specific projects
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to influence staff and effect change outside of area of responsibility
- Initiate and lead cross-functional teams to resolve complex issues
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified APICS CPIM, SCOR
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.