Slovenian foodtech startup, OriginTrail, is adding a significant layer of trust to all product supply chains by innovating on a Blockchain. It is developing a decentralized solution which will close information gaps, save money, and increase trust between organizations. A highly efficient solution will have seamless interoperability between different IT-systems. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November to make the decentralized network open for anyone.
“We already have a strong track record of successful traceability projects with complex, global supply chains and from different food sectors. To bring trust on an even higher level, we started implementing Blockchain in our solutions in 2016. OriginTrail solution is already used by the leading Slovenian food producers to show the provenance of meat, dairy and vegetable products to consumers” said Tomaž Levak, co-founder and CEO. “Our mission is to break the information gap in all supply chains with a collaborative Blockchain-based solution. We have strong partnerships, experienced development team, and inspiring new pilot projects ahead of us.”
Getting supply chain to the Blockchain
With the globalization of trade, we face an inevitable increase of the complexity of supply chains. While enabling enormous efficiency, savings and more choice for consumers, complex supply chains also open doors for fraudulent behavior which can be hard to trace. Supply chain process setup is obsolete in today’s interconnected world. The major problem remains data fragmentation. IT providers who want to establish full supply chain visibility currently have no common ground for collaborative data exchange. Blockchain offers data immutability, but is not cost-effective and can only handle a limited amount of transactions.
OriginTrail is tackling this issue with its own decentralized solution that combines data from all stakeholders in the supply chain and performs consensus checks. Fingerprints of data are safely stored on a Blockchain. “We are already implementing the Blockchain-based solution with our partners. Four high-level pilot projects in Europe and China are being implemented and are using Ethereum Blockchain to track all points in a supply chain, from the primary producer to the point of sale” said Tomaž Levak. To help with the expansion, OriginTrail recently opened its second location in China.
“China presents a huge opportunity for development of retail in general. Being a large market, tech-savvy consumers in large cities increasingly pay attention to where their food comes from. They want to be reassured that what is written on the label in actually true” said Žiga Drev, co-founder and COO, who is managing operations in Shanghai, China.
Next stage: ecosystem, open for everyone
OriginTrail is developing its solution as an open, standard protocol which will help improve efficiency and increase trust in supply chains on a global scale. This peer-to-peer network enables further development of decentralized apps for supply chain management, optimization, compliance, certifications, and much more. The distributed network will be fueled by pre-mined utility tokens which are used to facilitate data processing and exchange functionalities of the network. OriginTrail is planning a Token Generating Event (crowdsale) in November.
“Our new protocol will bring interoperability and information integrity to the fragmented supply chain world. It will be a plug & play Blockchain-based solution, applicable for all product supply chains. By supporting global standards for data exchange (GS1, IoT, compliance standards), OriginTrail assures compatibility with all existing ERP systems, making implementation process seamless and efficient. Finally, it is fully decentralised and open source.” explained co-founder and CTO Branimir Rakić.
The solution will include all information along the supply chain and will enable verification of information at any time. It will be especially useful for complex, globalized supply chains, where implementation of a general solution is often halted or limited by the capabilities of individual systems. With Blockchain being the base of OriginTrail protocol, it firmly stands as a solution that brings the highest standard of data integrity.
Industry-renowned advisors and recognitions
Advisors to the project include professionals with industry-specific knowledge that will help the solution scale. Among them is John G. Keogh, global authority and advisor on end-to-end supply chain integrity and the application of supply chain standards and technologies. His advisory work is especially focused on food chain issues relating to policy, consumer safety, traceability, recall, brand protection and anti-counterfeit. He is working closely with the GS1 organization on global supply chain standards.
OriginTrail’s previous-stage solution was already internationally recognized. It has received 2016 People’s Choice Award in Food+City competition in Austin, Texas, and the winning award from Open Data Incubator for Europe in 2016.
- Zilliqa unveils a new, high transaction rate, scalable Blockchain – October 8, 2017
- Foodtech Startup Origintrail With A Blockchain-based Protocol For Data Sharing In Supply Chains – October 8, 2017
- UTRUST and Soma Announce Powerful Partnership to Upgrade Classifieds Business Model – October 8, 2017
- ICONOMI Welcomes William Mougayar Among First Series of Digital Asset Array Managers – October 8, 2017
- Bank of Montreal, CaixaBank, Commerzbank, Erste Group, IBM and UBS Collaborate to Advance an Open, Blockchain-based Trade Finance Platform – October 8, 2017
- Templum and Liquid M Capital to Launch Regulated Platform for Initial Coin Offerings – October 8, 2017
- Pindify to launch an ICO on October 20, 2017 – October 8, 2017
- rLoop is Moving on to the Blockchain to Decentralise High Technology – Starting with the Hyperloop – October 8, 2017
- Prosense.tv Announces $30M Initial Coin Offering for its Peer-to-Peer Virtual Reality Livestream Platform Built on Blockchain; Launches November 3, 2017 – October 6, 2017
- Chamber Of Digital Commerce And U.S. Department Of Commerce Lead The First Blockchain Certified Trade Mission To The United Arab Emirates – October 6, 2017
- Binary.com Announces Initial Coin Offering (ICO) – October 6, 2017
- Papyrus Announce Strategic Partnership with Bancor – October 6, 2017
- David Orban joins Neuromation.io as advisor – October 6, 2017
- Zilliqa Unveils A New, High Transaction Rate, Scalable Blockchain – October 6, 2017
- Miniapps.pro Token Private Presale Has Attracted $500,000 – October 6, 2017
- Pundi X Launches First Retail Point Of Sale Solution For Cryptocurrency In Indonesia – October 6, 2017
- Gameflip Announces Upcoming Sale of Crypto-Token (FLIP) for Gaming Digital Goods – October 6, 2017
- Exscudo Successfully Launches Eon Blockchain Testnet – October 5, 2017
- Energy Web Foundation launches Blockchain and Application Layer Test Network – October 3, 2017
- Leading Blockchain Law Firm MME Introduces New Legal Framework to Shape the Future of Tokenized Assets – October 3, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Backs Evernym To Bring The World True Self-sovereign Identity – October 3, 2017
- Cardano launches with Bittrex as first exchange partner – October 3, 2017
- Invotra Launches Digital Workplace that Uses Blockchain – October 3, 2017
- Unolabo Wants to Lift The Next Billion Users Out Of Poverty – Announce Token Sale – October 3, 2017
- Aion, the First Interoperable Blockchain Network, Announces Advisory Board – October 3, 2017
- Bank Aljazira Wins The Race For The First Blockchain Use Case In Saudi Arabia With Its Blockchain Ewallet – October 3, 2017
- Real Estate Tokenization Platform BitProperty to Launch a Token Sale After Beta Release – October 3, 2017
- BlockMason Successfully Launches Whitelist Capped Token Sale – October 3, 2017
- US SEC Goes Charges ICO Businessman For Defrauding Investors – October 1, 2017
- Pre-ICO Launch: HireMatch Offers Solution to Expedite Recruitment Process – October 1, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announces The STK Token, Providing Instant Cryptocurrency Payments At Point Of Sale – October 1, 2017
- ICO Regulation News Accelerating – Analysis – October 1, 2017
- Streamr, The Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Successfully Reaches 5 Million CHF Pre-Sale Cap in 25 Minutes – October 1, 2017
- BitClave Announces Partnership with Bancor – October 1, 2017
- Clicktopurchase Adds Blockchain to Established Property Purchasing Platform – October 1, 2017
- Former White House CIO Joins COBINHOOD as Strategic Advisor – October 1, 2017
- Steemit Introduces New Way To Monetize Media And Publishers – October 1, 2017
- Etch ICO Wants to Revolutionise Payroll Platform – Boosted by KPMG Collaboration – October 1, 2017
- DMarket Announces Second Phase of Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- DECENT Wins Big at the Central European Startup Awards – October 1, 2017
- Massively Distributed EOS-derived Blockchain XenonNetwork to Begin Token Distribution – October 1, 2017
- modum.io AG appoints Simon Dössegger as CEO – October 1, 2017
- INS Aims To Put Grocery Shopping On Blockchain, Announces Unilever Expressed Interest And ICO Dates – October 1, 2017
- Coinloan Provides Money Secured On Cryptocurrency – Launching Token Sale – October 1, 2017
- Verisart And Avant Arte Partner To Provide Digital Certificates Of Authenticity To Artists And Collectors Worldwide – October 1, 2017
- Goodwill Protocol Ico Looks To Fix Current Broken Economic System Through A Digital Economy That Operates On Human Goodwill – October 1, 2017
- Accenture Joins Hashed Health Blockchain Consortium to Develop and Implement Healthcare Industry Use Cases – October 1, 2017
- Polymath Unveils Stacked Board of Advisors, First Token Issuers & a ‘GitHub for Lawyers’ – October 1, 2017
- DECENT and Venaco Group Create a New Blockchain Joint Venture, Equidato Technologies AG – October 1, 2017
- BankEx, the Decentralized Bank-as-a-Service Exchange, Welcomes Stanford and Maryland Academics as Advisors – September 30, 2017