The primary function of the DOT Driver is to safely drive large trucks from our Distribution Center (or drop off points) to our customer place of business and physically unload the designated freight for that customer in a safe and secure manner and continue route until complete. Driver must also accept and load returned merchandise from customer location into trucks for return to the Distribution Center.
MON – FRI (OVERNIGHT HOURS)
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck.
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
- Recoup / repair damaged freight when necessary.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
- Comply with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must possess a Class A or B (based on type of vehicle) Commercial Driver¿s License (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsements.
- Specifically, must pass the air brake component of the general knowledge test.
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards.
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations including current medical certificate.
- Ability to lift / carry by hand freight weighing up to 75 pounds several times a week.
- Able to push/pull up to 1500 lbs using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck.
- Ability to work with computer scanning equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a Team environment.
- Must be able to have basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers)
In the 1920’s, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we’ve sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we’re not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don’t let our age lead you to believe we can’t keep up with the changing times. We’re not your grandfather’s NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we’ve adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We’re constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we’re hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That’s probably one of the reasons you’re visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you’ll be part a team that’s building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APPLY AT WWW.NAPAAUTOPARTS.COM