Seeking qualified candidates for the Supply Chain Internship position at UTC Aerospace Systems – Interiors for the upcoming fall semester.
Candidate must be able to work well in teams, comprehend large data sets, and have a detail oriented mindset geared towards continuous improvement. Mentorship will be provided to support growth and learning of supply chain strategy and opportunities to identify system improvement. This internship explores all aspects of Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Management. Availability expectations for this position range from 24-40 hours a week.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate and communicate with internal & external partners to meet procurement objectives
- Prepare, launch, and analyze RFQ’s to strategic supply base for source selection
- Develop strategic supplier relationships and capabilities; support contract management
- Manage work transfer packages between suppliers
- Coordinate data analysis across global UTAS business units and sites
- Ensure data integrity of program spend, active savings projects, and contract penetration
- Oversee work transfer of commodity projects to meet schedule commitments
- Report month-over-month savings for commodity projects and forecast future savings
- Identify headwind mitigation opportunities from spot PO’s
- Identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analytics and should-cost modeling
- Build presentations for and interact with executive leadership team
- Must be a self-driven worker who is always looking to excel in what they do.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change.
Education Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business, Logistics, Transportation Management, or other related majors; Pursuing Master’s degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our application system undergoes scheduled maintenance the 3rd Saturday of every month from 3am – 11am Eastern Time.
Applications cannot be completed during this outage. Please try back at a later time.