Finance at Dixons Carphone is embarking upon a significant transformation which will ultimately make it a world class Finance function fit for the future & allow the team to support, challenge & drive the business agenda moving forward. It is an exciting time to join this rapidly evolving function, within a fast paced high profile UK Retailer. This role will require an analytical mind, commercial insight and the passion to drive change to build a Reporting & Analysis team that will become a key pillar of Finance. If you have a proven track record of delivering high quality results then this role may be for you!
- Own the financial processes including month end, balance sheet, P&L and cash inputs for the area including
- Management of month end in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring the balance sheet is fully understood and reconciled
- Ensure accounting treatments are in line with relevant accounting standards and minimum control standards
- Oversee the accounting for complex areas and areas of judgement including accruals and non-new stock
- Lead the team to deliver high quality accounting and control and clear communication to other areas of finance and the business
- Drive process improvement to standardise processes across the brands and the various areas
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated where required
- Creatively drive value through identification of accounting and business opportunities
- Support these key processes as required in particular through provision of actual costs and balances with insights into key drivers and movements
- Accounting advice – advise on the financial accounting implications of new revenue streams and transactions, seeking guidance where necessary and ensuring optimal treatments are implemented
- Work closely with the shared service centres and other financial control teams to ensure the operations are efficient and financial results well controlled
- Drive performance- continually identify opportunities to drive business profit and team efficiency
You will need:
- Retail and Commercial Experience (Advanced)
- Stakeholder Management – Manage and influence senior stakeholders (Advanced)
- Accounting and Financial Management – Apply financial knowledge to commercial and operational areas and explain clearly to others (Advanced)
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills – able to tell a complex story in a compelling manner via all means of communication (Advanced)
- To be able to analyse and understand complex data and situations to recommend the optimal solution (Advanced)
- To be results focused – Delivers work end to end to conclusion in a planned and controlled manner.
- To be Degree qualified or Equivalent
- An accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more – we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.