Acts as a competent proactive and reliable support to the VP of Global Supply Chain Operations and Strategic Partnerships:
• Organize global workshops, events and Townhalls on both local and international level
• Arrange international travel for the team (working with the travel agency to arranging airline tickets, hotels, rental cars for travel from CH to other locations) and coordination with directions / hotels accommodations, train tickets, dinner reservations etc. for people traveling to CH) and processing travel expenses
• Establish and maintain efficient office systems, liaises with staff on site and in other Biogen locations, Biogen suppliers and other staff, liaises and co-ordinates with other administration staff across Europe and the US
• Support day-to-day activities in Supply Chain Operations, such as database maintenance, data analytics and reporting.
• Organize onboarding of new employees or contract staff, including managing the resource request system to coordinate resources required for new employees, (computers, phones, desk, etc.) and supporting in their daily integration
• Support employee engagement activities to connect with and inform employees worldwide, conference /video call facilitation
• High quality general secretarial skills – including Word processing, advanced Power Point, Advanced Excel, setting priorities etc.
• 5 years’ experience in the role in a multinational Executive Assistant Supply Chain Operations
• A previous experience and interest in the pharmaceutical or biotech sector and/or supply chain activities would be considered as a strong asset
• Flexible, independent, team player and used to fast-moving environment
• Startup mindset, service oriented and self-driven person
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission:
making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- A Fortune 500 company, Biogen in 2016 had revenues of $11.4 billion
- Global headquarters in Cambridge, MA, and international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from “@biogen.com” email accounts.