Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado. Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Newmont Mining in the North American Regional Office is looking for a responsible administrative professional to perform a variety of complex administrative and clerical duties to support Newmont’s Supply Chain department. The right candidate will provide excellent services to the public and employees in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. Strong communication, both verbal and written, are required.
- Serve as a liaison between managers and employees, schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences.
- Compose correspondence, edit documents, and take and transcribe minutes of meetings as necessary.
- With advanced knowledge of filing systems, create, maintain and update department files, records and publications.
- Coordinate and administer the SC web pages on Prospector, including normal update of the sites, content and coordination with IT for all web page issues, improvements and updates.
- Perform copying, collating, binding, packaging, etc., and disseminate routine and other documents as requested by department personnel including mail/messenger/meeting preparations.
- Assist managers and employees with travel arrangements.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors, assist with incoming inquiries, and resolve problems using knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Circulate mail, records, publications, and order and maintain department’s office supplies.
- Prepare presentations and reports for meetings, which may include setup of A/V equipment.
- Research, compile and prepare data for administrative reports and presentations.
- Assist with compiling and developing the department’s annual budget.
- Administer the Procurement Card in respect of SC credit card payments, in accordance with prevailing policies and procedures.
- Administer the Fuel Card system on behalf of Supply Chain, as may be defined in prevailing policies and procedures.
- Project coordination and assignments as requested.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Minimum four (4) years administrative experience or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- College level courses or secretarial/business school training is desirable.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- A minimum of two (2) years working with a manager or director.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Elko
Job Segment: Supply Chain, Supply, ERP, Procurement, Operations, Technology, Research