When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location: Asheville NC, Biltmore Park
This position is responsible for supporting the demand/supply planning functions of a global enterprise specifically related to inventory planning and management of equipment, accessories and service spare parts from a world-wide supplier base and inter-company manufacturing operations.
• Inventory planning and management of Every Lab Every Day product lines
• Inventory planning and management of Temperature Control service parts
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide tactical supply chain management techniques to ensure expectations are met relative to delivery, quality, cost and inventory targets
• Develop and manage product forecasting and safety stock analysis, hosting review meetings, analyzing and controlling inventory levels to optimize service levels, process mapping and documentation, and supporting planning for new product introductions and product obsolescence
• Provide oversight and coordination between key distribution channels and inter-company manufacturing operations to ensure appropriate supply planning and execution to meet target service levels
• Develop and manage supplier relationships to assure high quality, cost effective and timely supply of required materials and services by effectively monitoring supplier performance and using the business enterprise management system (Baan).
• Manage assigned suppliers to ensure the business receives material, parts, assemblies and finished goods that meet quality requirements, and delivery expectations.
• Monitor and report on inventory turnover and shrinkage (ie, product obsolescence, scrap, returns) and develop ways optimize inventory, minimize cost while maintaining flexibility in the supply chain.
• Work directly with Supply Chain Manager and logistics personnel to coordinate material flow from suppliers
• Update the ERP system to adjust inventory levels to meet overall demand, including reorder points, reorder quantities, sales lead times and safety stock.
• Measure actual to forecast supply and demand, and provide recommendations for appropriate inventory levels. Define other relevant metrics for supply chain inventory.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
• Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values
• Perform all job duties within ISO standards
• Work on Continuous Improvement and support all PPI, Keys and Lean projects
• Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
• CPIM or CPM certification a plus.
• 0 – 5 years of Materials Forecasting, Planning, Purchasing and inventory control experience in a manufacturing and/or global supply chain environment
• High level of Excel expertise required. MS Access a plus.
• Overseas buying experience a plus
• Strong analytical statistical skills, detail and process oriented.
• Effective writing skills
• Superior communicative skills
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Good follow-up skills
• Self motivated with minimum direct supervision requirements.
Relocation Budget has not been approved for this role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.