McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Supply Chain Manager- Cybersecurity Supplier Management
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
– Top-10 bank by deposits
– 148 on the Fortune 500
– 1,000 bank branches
– 2,200 ATM locations
– More than 31,500 associates globally
– 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
If you’re a bright and organized individual, then we’d love to welcome you to a fast-paced team of innovators that know how to get the job done. And at one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll continue to grow and be challenged in the place you’ve been looking for all along. We hope you consider joining the Enterprise Supplier Management team at Capital One.
Capital One is seeking an enthusiastic, strategic thinker for a Supply Chain Manager position in Cybersecurity Supplier Management
Located in McLean ,VA, you will be responsible for a portfolio of third parties in the Technology space. An exciting and fast-paced category, the Technology landscape is constantly changing. A large part of your role will include market research and interaction, to ensure you have a fresh perspective on current happenings. You will also have the opportunity to develop supplier management, Technology subcategory and demand management strategies for the vendors under your portfolio. This role is responsible for intelligently managing third party risk to protect Capital One from vulnerabilities and threats.
Our job is to bring procurement resources, tools, methodologies and judgment to business units to “get the right deal with the right supplier”. This involves managing major third party relationships for the Technology organization in an effort to ensure that Capital One captures appropriate value for the company and meets acceptable corporate risk-profiles. In addition, we manage the on-going supplier reporting, supplier performance management, customer demand management and category strategy development.
Capital One is a collaborative environment, encouraging a constant dialogue around ideas and problem solving techniques. Working with senior leadsership regularly, your role as a Supply Chain Manager will claim success with effective communication, innovative thought leadership and influence!
You should have:
– Experience in sourcing, contracting and/or supply chain management.
– Experience managing large scale, enterprise supplier relationships from a contracting, sourcing and ongoing risk management perspective.
– Experience monitoring performance of suppliers on a regular basis, developing action plans where necessary and ensuring desired results.
– Experience with developing strategies for a portfolio of vendors.
– Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and reporting skills.
– Good elicitation skills to identify business requirements for sourcing efforts.
– Ability to assist in the research, identification and analysis of prospective suppliers.
– Experience creating and running RFXs (RFQs, RFIs and RFPs).
– Proven track record delivering cost savings while maintaining quality.
– Ability to extract significant value from current contracts.
– Ability to influence Senior Leadership decisions related to 3rd party selection and management
– Proven negotiation skills
– Ability to build strong internal and external relationships including learning about the business and services under management so as to aid the communication with their customers, understand the parameters and look for opportunities proactively.
– Ability to operate independently, bringing self-prioritization of workload, clear thinking and reasoning in the decision making process.
– Demonstrated ability to manage and lead multiple complex efforts/projects concurrently in an autonomous environment.
– Collaborative and customer focused service delivery.
– Bachelor’s degree or military experience
– 5 years of supply chain experience
– 3 years of Strategic sourcing experience
– Experience managing technology suppliers
– 7 years of supply chain experience
– 5 years of Strategic sourcing experience
– CPSM Certification.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).