Join us as a Supply Chain Manager in Edinburgh or Manchester
- We’re looking for a motivated and highly organised Supply Chain professional with outstanding stakeholder management skills to join our Supply Chain Services (SCS) division
- Part of a growing team that sits within our Digital function, we’ll look to you to ensure an outstanding customer experience across multiple digital channels
- If you’re curious about the Digital world and want to help drive a change in how we engage with our customers, this role could provide the perfect platform
What you’ll do
As Supply Chain Manager, you’ll take accountability for the execution and development of supply chain strategies and solutions that incorporate the full contract life-cycle across the Digital spend category. You’ll develop and use strong networks across the supply market, taking on a leadership role to provide useful business insight and innovative supply chain solutions to the bank.
- Keeping RBS’s objectives at the centre of your work, you’ll also be:
- Supporting the development of the bank’s supply base, including ownership and management of key suppliers
- Delivering robust commercial deals for the bank, making sure risk is managed effectively
- Contributing to the overall reduction of the bank’s cost base, leading to the bank meeting its objective of improving the customer experience
- Implementing and supporting supply chain strategies within your remit, making sure you’re managing the timely execution of the bank’s contract pipeline
- Delivering specific Digital projects in collaboration with stakeholders, always keeping within agreed timescales and budgets
The skills you’ll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need strong commercial acumen, and you’ll be able to demonstrate some substantial experience in Supply Chain Management of vendors. You’ll also have commodity and supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories.
You’ll also need:
- Knowledge of Contract law and legal knowledge relevant to supply chain
- Experienced in supply chain skills and techniques including category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management
- Experience in leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Experience in cost and financial management
- A degree, ideally holding a relevant professional qualification (for example CIPS or equivalent)
- Experience driving positive change and an awareness of our various digital channels
On a more personal level, you’ll have excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-working skills, able to create an environment that motivates and empowers others to deliver an exceptional client experience. You’ll be a creative thinker with an innovative and entrepreneurial mind set, and possess the ability to develop a solution from idea to implementation.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.