Job title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
Type: full time, permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Supply Chain team at our client’s fast-paced manufacturing site in Shannon in the position of Supply Chain Planning Manager – Cutting Tools. As a key player in the Supply Chain function you will act as an interface between Sales (including key customers) & Marketing, Group Planning & Plant Operations on multiple sites.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the overall master scheduling and planning of the Cutting Tool business unit which includes cutting, processing and synthesis activities across multiple sites. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Setting the long term capacity levels through the monthly Integrated Planning Process;
* Understanding the key capacity bottlenecks;
* Managing and controlling the service and inventory requirements of the business in a complex production and commercial environment;
* Participating in regular meetings with key customers on supply related issues;
* Facilitating the introduction of new products and participating and operating within the overall Group Supply Chain and Operations objectives.
Main requirements / Skills and Experience
* A recognised degree in a Business, Engineering or Operations field supported by APICS certification.
* Super or close to super user competency in Excel
* Experience and knowledge in demand and supply management, material requirements planning (MRP), and capacity analysis.
* Advanced knowledge of lean supply chain management principles, theories and processes.
* Demonstrated proficiency in using first tier ERP software package such as JDE or SAP.
* Creative, “out of box” thinker.
* Strong leadership and communication ability to deal effectively and professionally with customers and staff at all levels within the organisation.
* Proven ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems by applying industry and customer knowledge coupled with sound judgment
* Ability to work independently, influence people and to exercise self-initiative.
* Advanced diagnostic and problem solving skills coupled with a high degree of mathematical competency
* A proven track record driving continuous improvement.
* Receptiveness to new ideas and adaptable to changing business priorities.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website in the strictest of confidence.