Supply Chain Design Manager
Jersey City, New Jersey
– Contributes in close cooperation with Key Account Management to the development of strategic client partnerships for Key Accounts via win-win joint value adding initiatives.
– Design and position to Kuehne Nagel Key Accounts solutions optimizing supply chain performance and costs which can be delivered by the appropriate KN Business or Functional Unit.
– Focus on enabling client’s operational cost reduction, administrative workload reduction, inventory reduction, revenue improvement.
– Leverages and positions the Kuehne Nagel’s differentiators and USP (unique selling points) to clients, enabling client optimizations in operations, ordering and planning process, within Air, Road, Sea and Integrated Logistics Business Fields.
– Can act as project manager of the solutions effectively sold
– Contribute to the creation of industry specific solutions together with Industry Champions
Your tasks and responsibilities
– Qualification of opportunities in conjunction with VP Global SCD, Global Key Accounts Managers and Industry Champions that deliver sustainable value to both KN and Client.
– Functionally manage virtual, international project teams with different disciplines (network engineering, transportation analysis, warehouse engineering, IT / IS, operations etc).
– Prepare, organize and run supply chain management whiteboard sessions, aimed at understanding Client’s supply chain strategies, needs and challenges as well as their future supply chain potential.
– Understanding and formalizing client strategic positioning, business model, operational model and supply chain management
– Support go/no go process with Supply Chain Design Steering Board (SDSB),
– Transition solutions projects to the appointed KN solutions lead, which will develop the detailed solutions proposal, including an aligned commercial offer.
– Analyze information, process, data, and assumptions directly or via Engineering teams
– Formalize a value proposition based on a compelling business case in terms of cost, return, risk and implementation time frame.
– Discuss the value proposition to client in conjunction with Global Key Account Managers and deal with objections and QnA until final customer decision is received.
– Consult Business Owner, Global Key Account Managers and Industry Champions on the pricing
– Carry on discussion and clarification sessions with client until clarified go/no-go decision
– Liaise with Industry Champions for creating and/or formalizing industry specific solution packages
– Use and continuous improve the tools and the methodology of Supply Chain Design
– Create and maintain business cases with particular focus on developing external ones
– Coach the Key Account Team
– Contribute to formalizing innovation as result of delivered projects.
– Be actively involved in RFQ processes which require strategic solutions elements and innovative proposals.
Your skills and experience
– Forwarding and 4PL operational knowledge
– At least 10 years in logistics with consistent client exposure on strategic projects (a major plus if this experience includes working for a consulting company or in a consulting role)
– Supply Chain Management knowledge
– Business Administrations basics including basic financial knowledge
– Process mapping and re-engineering (Six sigma, SCOR® or alike preferred)
– Supply Chain Management systems / Information Systems knowledge
– Perfect English skills
– Bachelors/First University Degree in Economic, SCM or Engineering
– Masters/Second University Degree in Economics, SCM or Engineering (highly preferred)
– MBA or equivalent (preferred)
– Self-starter and result oriented
– Assertiveness & Leadership
– Commercial Acumen
– Consultative Selling
– Problem Solving and analytical skills
– Willingness to travel – Internationally minded
– Good networking skills
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc – New York – Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,200 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.