More than 2,000 attendees traveled to JDA FOCUS 2017, which was held at the MGM in Las Vegas, to get the latest insights from thought leaders and key players across supply chain management to help them deliver the seamless customer experience.
FOCUS kicked off with general sessions from several keynote speakers including:
- Girish Rishi,Chief Executive Officer, JDA Software talked about JDA.Next and announced JDA’s new partnership with Dunnhumby
- Wayne Usie,Senior Vice President & Chief Market Development Officer, JDA Software talked about digitalization and its importance in supply chain management and the JDA Digital Edge
- Peter Gibbons,Executive Vice President, Global Development and Product Supply, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Mattel Inc. spoke about how Mattel strives to achieve the impossible with supply chain transformation
- Dwight Klappich,Vice President of Research, Gartner spoke about the warehouse of the future
- Eileen Mahoney,Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer, PVH, talked about how PVH built a common model planning solution using JDA that optimizes the unique demand and supply differences between brands and business units
- Michael Phelps,Olympic Superstar was interview by Mark Jefferies and talked about his will to always succeed and how losing was never an option
In addition to the general sessions, attendees selected from more than 250 content-packed sessions across retail, supply chain and logistics. You can read more about the general sessions from Wednesday in the FOCUS day 2 wrap up blog.
Innovation Everywhere in the Delivery Zone
The Delivery Zone was packed with innovation and fun! In addition to the live M&Ms characters dancing around and handing out candy, therapy dogs at the PetSmart booth, the Mattel Barbie selfie box, JDA TV and Captain JDA, which you can read more about in the FOCUS day 1 wrap up blog, there was a Hot Wheels car filled with hundreds of Match Box cars, a drone flying around, robots roaming the floor, including Pepper the Robot, and caricature artists.
Kenco brought warehouse innovation to the Innovation Hub with the Microsoft HoloLens and drone. The drone scanned barcodes and recognized the existence or lack thereof of inventory, as well as other attributes to warehouse inventory. Pepper the Robot was on hand to demonstrate the humanoid store assistant of the future that interacts with attendees around several product, inventory and order at store ship to home use cases. Attendees had the opportunity to see Pepper’s ability to recognize products and check size availability. If a particular product wasn’t available, Pepper pulled up nearby locations where it was. Talk about innovation!
Customer Celebration with Flo Rida
The conference ended with a customer celebration, which included a private concert with Flo Rida. Attendees enjoyed an evening of music and networking at the famous Hakkasan Nightclub at the MGM. In fact, Flo Rida had so much fun he even tweeted a video from the celebration!
See You Next Year!
Save the date! FOCUS 2018 will be held from May 6 – 9 at the Marriott Orlando World Center in Orlando, Florida. Don’t forget to check back for more information about the event.