We are currently acting exclusively on behalf of one of the FTSE 100’s leading global retailers to source a high potential individual to lead the audit relationship with the global supply chain management board. The consultancy element of the role will assist in designing systems, processes controls and ensure these controls are fit for purpose, efficient, effective and in line with group standards. The role will also provide internal audit service to the function and assurance on the adequacy of the risk management activities within the supply chain processes and systems.
Reporting to the Group Director of Risk & Internal Audit the role will initially lead a team of three but this is expected to grow to a team of 6-7 with the next two years. Specific responsibilities of the position will include;
- Review, evaluate and propose efficiencies relating to systems processes and controls.
- Understand the key risks, opportunities and business processes that will determine achievement of short and medium term objectives
- Support and advise management on risk and control issues
- Work with management in the implementation of policies and procedures which drive the processes.
- Work with management towards the identification and implementation of best practice.
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks, controls and concerns identified by management.
- Assist the Group Audit and Risk Management Director and other Directors of Audit in the continuous improvement of audit processes.
- Keep abreast of best practice and external developments in Internal Audit and ensure this learning is shared with the finance community and the Audit Committee
- Reporting to the Supply Chain Board as well as to the Group Audit and Risk Management Director on the status of reviews underway, controls, risk management and governance within the function.
The preferred candidate is likely to offer the following skills and abilities;
- Around 10 years management level experience gained in a large, product led multinational environment rather than a service business.
- Previous internal audit experience gained at senior level either within an “in-house” audit function or a “Big 4” practice environment.
- The ability to demonstrate strong commercial understanding, to add value in a considered and diplomatic manner and empathise with internal customers whilst maintaining an independent and objective outlook
- The individual should demonstrate high level of initiative and self-confidence, the ability to make things happen, and a ‘can do’ approach.
Finally, this person must influence across a variety of business functions and at all levels, gain traction quickly and build effective relationships across the OpCo.