Volvo Group International Internship Program
The Volvo Group International Internship Program is an exclusive concept where we invite you, as a student at one of our Preferred Talent Partner universities, to apply for an international internship within the Volvo Group. We are looking for an intern to help us shape a new future, the future of sustainable transport solutions. This calls for an extraordinary person, not only in terms of academic results, but also in terms of innovative thinking and social and communicative skills. Energy, creativity and the will to share your experiences with a team are essential to a successful internship with us. This unique internship opportunity will run for 2-6 months and alternative locations are Sweden, France, India, Japan or the USA.
For further information about the program and our Preferred Talent Partner universities, please visit http://worldwide.volvogroup.com/
Internship position – Supply Chain Analyst
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, as well as Volvo Group engines and transmissions, through an international world class industrial environment.
With Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
What we do
Remanufacturing Charlotte is a plant remanufacturing engines of Volvo trucks, Mack trucks and Volvo Construction Equipment, and transmissions of Volvo Construction Equipment.
Material Management group’s responsibility is to purchase and procure over 5,000 ingoing components for our products when needed, where needed at the lowest cost.
The team needs to improve profitability of the plant by doing series of CD (Cost deployment) projects, where we need a hard working person with energy and passion
What will you do
- Identify sourcing options to achieve material cost savings
- Early warning system for material shortage for the future demand
- Process improvement – inbound material flow
Internship length and start date
- Preferred start on boarding: February 2017
- 3-4 months
- 1st choice: Supply Chain management
- 2nd choice: Business administration / Engineering / Finance
What you need to have
- This specific internship position is open to all students except the US, since this is an international program.
- Students in the US, Sweden, Japan and France: You are in your 3rd or 4th year of a Bachelor degree or 1st year of a Master degree in your university career.
- Students in China and India: You are in your 3rd year of a Bachelor degree or 1st year of a Master degree in your university career.
- Evidence of leadership experience and/or community service.
- Strong grade point average
- Driving license (required for internships in the USA)
- Internal logistics (production logistics) knowledge.
- Good communicator
- Very analytical and pragmatic mindset
- Proficiency in English.
- Engaged and open personality, involvement in community work and/or student networks.
- Team player with passion for new experiences
- Interest in the Volvo Group and in sharing internship experience with fellow students
- Valid passport
- Demonstrate the Volvo group values – customer success, passion, performance, change, and trust
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
For further information, please contact:
Program Manager Susanne Hedberg, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]