Supply Chain Engineer
Location: Sugar Land – United States
The Supply Chain Engineer is responsible for managing the supply chain of a product during the New Product and Rapid Response Product Development processes – including the establishment of reliable, stable, and Lean supply chain processes for subsequent production units. He/she is a key interface between Engineering and Supply Chain, and will typically be an expert in areas such as sourcing, contract negotiation; total acquisition cost analysis as well as general understanding on electronic and mechanical assembly and special processes. These activities are performed in line with company business strategy, and in conformity to relevant standards. This position reports to Project Manager/ NPD Sourcing Leader.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directs the engineering team on a wide range of supply chain concepts and enforces supply chain plans that secure supply and minimize disruptions from the concept phase through the feasibility and development to commercialization of new designs, in accordance with Category Sourcing Strategies.
- Monitors assigned NPD sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply.
- Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
- Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, and Supplier Managers if applicable.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Supply Chain Contract Specialists and other stakeholders.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master in Supply chain, Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with significant experience in Supply Chain or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience (3+ years).
- Strong experience in Sourcing (supplier development, contract negotiation, total acquisition cost analysis), preferably with previous position in NPD Sourcing/Advance Purchasing.
- It would be a plus to also have experience in design engineering, new product development as part of an integrated project team, and/or manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of ergonomics and safety
- Knowledge of maintenance systems
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.