What you’ll be doing…
Inventory Management: Accurately managing inventory is critical to operational excellence. Using Just-In-Time inventory management practices, the Associate Director Supply Chain is responsible for balancing adequate levels of inventory to fulfill order requirements against conserving cash and space.
Quality Assurance: While the product kits are relatively simple, our reputation for quality is enhanced or diminished by the accuracy of order fulfillment. Quality errors in order fulfillment are unacceptable. TheAssociate DirectorSupply Chain will be responsible for creating systems that ensure accuracy in inventory, contract fulfillment, kitting, documentation, and other areas to be determined.
Documentation Control: Daily operations in multiple key areas at Telogis are heavily reliant upon accurate documentation. TheAssociate DirectorSupply Chain is responsible for creating and maintaining systems that ensure accurate document control and use. Included in this are procurement/purchase orders, inventory, accounting, contracts, and shipping and receiving.
Purchasing/Procurement: As a function related to sales/order fulfillment and inventory management, TheAssociate DirectorSupply Chain will participate with Verizon procurement as well as product development & engineering in sourcing, vendor quality assurance, and supply chain management to ensure quality standards for supply of components are met and to ensure multiple component sourcing is in place to support business growth.
Process Improvement: The Associate Director Supply Chain will be fully responsible for process control and continuous improvement throughout the global operation.
Forecasting:Associate DirectorSupply Chain will collaborate with sales and business analysts to create and revise business sales forecasts. Forecasting will be used in inventory and cash flow management.
What we’re looking for…
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Management Experience: Recent prior management experience. Must have no less than six years recent management experience successfully leading 15 or more direct reports
Quality Experience: Responsibility for quality in order fulfillment. Implementation of ISO 9000 program.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implication of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternate solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Solicits and applies customer feedback.
- Decisiveness: Is able to reach a decision in a timely manner while taking into account all the available pertinent information.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand, absorb, and apply new information.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations without being overly verbose; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Telogis, a Verizon Company is a rapidly growing software and intelligence company specializing in asset tracking and monitoring, and information solutions.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.