With providers constantly working to provide high quality care at a reduced cost, more facilities are focusing on their supply chain. A Transparency Market Research report delves into factors driving the global healthcare supply chain management market as well as highlights dominant market players, according to medGadget.
Here are four things to know:
1. Factors boosting market expansion include more penetration and adoption of software and cloud-based solutions working in combination with the push to lower healthcare’s cost and bolster quality of care.
2. In 2015, North America held the largest market share due to leading pharmaceutical companies operating in the region as well as various government initiatives. The growing use of technologically advanced solutions is spurring growth.
3. The cloud-based management segment led the market in terms of delivery mode. The provider segment, however, is likely to have the fastest compound annual growth rate through 2024.
4. Market vendors include:
• Oracle Corp. in Redwood City, Calif.
• SAP in Walldorf, Germany
• Infor in New York City
• McKesson Corp. in San Francisco
• Global Healthcare Exchange in Louisville, Colo.
• TECSYS in Montreal, Québec, Canada
• LogiTag Systems with U.S. headquarters in Bethpage, N.Y.
• Jump Technologies in Eagan, Minn.
More articles on healthcare:
Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Conroe turns 33 years old: 5 key notes
ACA: Chronically ill patients saw greatest benefit from expanded Medicaid
Surgical Notes unveils revenue cycle management service platform — 4 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.