Supply Chain Management Intern:WAR000464
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The position is for a three-month intern opportunity within the supply chain organization. Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates’ skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership. The successful candidate is:
– An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing.
– Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to Merck.
– The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
– The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
– The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
– Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations.
– Required: Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
– Supply Chain/Logistics
– Bio Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/Biotechnology
– Chemical Engineering
– Industrial Engineering
– Material Science or Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
– GPA at least 3.3 overall, 3.5 in major
– Must be returning to school in fall of 2017
– Must be available to work full-time for 10-12 weeks from June – August
– Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
– Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
– Ideal candidate demonstrated leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Omaha
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name:Merck