Position: Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Director
Location: The Netherlands
Client: Our client is a pharmaceutical company focusing on API and Drug Products.
Develop and implement a global purchasing and supply chain strategy for company as well as improving different processes. Leading a team of 5 direct reports; Program Manager Functional Excellence Purchasing and SCM; Direct Sourcing, DSCM Expert, Indirect Sourcing & Category Manager (PD) and 8 indirect reports; 4 BU Purchasing Managers and 4 BU Supply Chain Managers.
- Owner of the global Purchasing strategy and Global Supply Chain strategy
- Owner of Global S&OP process – balance global supply/demand to assure delivery on-time, in-full, without complaints at lowest supply chain cost and highest gross margin with strong focus on OWC management)
- Owner of global purchasing, heading Global Purchasing team – Share and implement best practices and leverage purchasing spend across the company to secure our key Raw Materials/services at lowest total cost contributing to the EBITDA of company.
- Functional Excellence Lead in Sourcing and Supply Chain Management – responsible for developing and executing the functional excellence roadmaps
- Define, implement and maintain (key) performance indicators and targets to monitor and adjust the performance of purchasing and supply chain operations in line with the strategic company objectives and continuous drive for improvement
- Representing the company Purchasing Leadership Team
- Build on Strategic buying approach for the global key RMs
- Member of company’s Supply Chain Council
- Ensure an optimal organization set-up of BU Purchasing and DSCM
- Global champion PtP, Sourcing, Plan Supply Chain and Manage Supply Chain Processes
- Finalization of the SCM enterprise model in the system and actual i.e. Plant, Staging areas, Warehouse, Depots ensuring economical and efficient design
- Building up knowledge on the country specific rules/policies on Goods flow and custom barriers
- Sourcing experience: need to have background in Strategic sourcing, sharp in mapping the market & supplier impact with movements in Currency/exchange rates, Crude oil/Coal impacts, Political & Economic policies of countries(import/export), inventory management with BU focal points during the S&OP
- SCM experience: global synergy on building integrated logistics management, bring sharpness & efficiency in S&OP process.
- Build on professional competency in the SCM with mapping of KPIs and functional excellence programs.
- Customer and external focus:
- The job involves strong cooperation with various cross functional, internal and external parties like: Manufacturing, Marketing & Sales, F&C, Quality, Engineering, suppliers, etc, which requires high level competencies engaging key stakeholders
- Drive for Results
- In order to reach the clear ambitions of the functional roadmaps and corporate targets on EBITDA and OWC the purchasing and supply chain teams share a clear accountability for performance to reach the derived targets/KPI’s
- Engage people:
- Leading cross-BU teams composed of multi-cultural group of people, located in different locations and time-zones around the globe
- Improve Innovate and Change
- The highly competitive business environment and dynamic developments in the purchasing and supply chain management field require a creative and continuous improvement mindset
- Act responsibly
- The job should be performed in a compliant way, honoring local laws and company regulation
- Academic qualification: MBA in SCM (preferably with bachelors in Engineering)
- Broad view on business steering model and business processes or experience in similar role with an MNC organization in Pharma, Food or FMCG sector
- In-depth knowledge of purchasing and supply chain concepts
- At least 10 years’ experience in purchasing and supply chain related disciplines
- Excellent people management skills
- Working in an international, multicultural and cross functional environment
If you are interested in proceeding with this opportunity, please contact Katty Maia on +44 (0) 207 208 2848 or send a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org